Friday, September 23, 2011

Review : Concealers

Today we will talk about concealers which a must-have in our makeup collections.

Every morning after applying moisturizer, I squeeze a bit of concealer and pat it using my ring finger. By doing so, this will warm up the solution and makes applying/blending easier. Do not apply the concealer direct from the tube or from the stick canister.

Our under-eye area is very sensitive, we should not be rubbing it hard and pressing too harshly. If we do not take extra care now, we are welcoming thin lines, wrinkles, dark eye circles and redness.

Choosing the correct concealer color is vital, we do not want to end up looking like a facial eye mask has been left there. Fear not, every girl had encounter difficult time in finding the right concealer. Let me help you to list what are the things to consider in buying your concealer, or to some, their very first concealer:
  • Choose concealer that is one or two shade lighter than your skin tone. 
  • For concealing under eye dark circles, select a creamy formula. 
  • For concealing pimples or scar, solid or matte formula. Medicated ones are highly recommended to treat pimple as well.
Below are my concealers at the moment:
1. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil
Check this at urbandecay.com
I have olive skin tone, the color I'm using is NSA. It is very compatible on my skin, it has a creamy formula and it does dries matte after applying. Even if you don't use powder to set it, still it stays put and doesn't crease. I always bring it along when I travel, good for all season; summer or winter. The price is not so expensive, S$28. The only pain is that it needs to be sharpen, and sad to see some of the products being wasted. By far, my most favorite.

2. Bourjois Health Mix Correcting Concealer 
Visit bourjois.com
The color I'm using is 52 eclat medium. It is a bit light on my skin. I normally mix it up with a darker foundation to get the color I want. They have 3 available shades: fair, medium and foncé (darker). The formula is not so creamy, I use a foundation brush to blend it well, though it last all day =) 
Price S$19.50 and I've got 20% discount when I bought this from Watsons.

3. The Body Shop - Tea Tree  Concealer Arbre A The Correcteur

www.thebodyshop.com.sg
I have 01 color. This is meant to conceal pimple as the formula is dry and medicated. I use it along with The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil and I noticed my pimple clear faster. I do not use it under my eye area as the formula is too dry, does it tends to cake and harder to blend compare to cream or liquid foundation. You can get it from The Body Shop stores for S$19.90

Overall, concealer helps to even out our skin tone, it can brighten up our face without even using a foundation. In this way, you are letting your skin breathe especially if you apply makeup everyday. You can skip foundation and just use concealer under your eye, along the nose, on the sides of your lips and on the chin.

I hope this post was helpful, thank you for reading and good luck on finding the right concealer! =)

P.S Do not forget to subscribe ladies..


No comments:

Post a Comment